Gear Review: Sun Bum
When you spend a weekend out in the sun, you’re going to want to protect yourself or you will have a nasty little burn come Monday. Sun Bum has created some great products to not only “protect your lazy ass” from mother nature’s glare, but also to revive you with a nice cool down at the end of the day.
We have tried out a few of Sun Bum’s products and have been impressed! For starters, it smells like sun screen should, less like medicine and more like a drink with an umbrella you would enjoy at the end of the day. A little coconut, a hint of mango, a bit of banana all coming together in a pleasant enjoyable aroma. More important than smell, Sun Bum protects. Cancer is a daunting prospect, but by using sun care products regularly, we can reduce the risk by up to 80%.
Sun Bum has something for both the beach goer and general outdoors enthusiast. From sunscreen made with pure zinc oxide, to a taste bananas flavored SPF 30+ lip balms.
- Goes on smooth and silky, not sticky.
- Smells Amazing.
- Protects you from mother nature.
- They are recommended by Skin Cancer Foundation.
- Sum bum is never tested on animals.
- They are all paraben free / PABA free / oil free.
- They are all Hypoallergenic.
- Chocked full of antioxidants that help to neutralize free radicals to curb premature aging.
- Sunscreen comes in specific formulas ranging from a pro formula for active life to a SPF 70+ formula for the albino in the family .
- After sun Cool Down keeps you from peeling while keeping you cool and comfortable.
- Lip Balm tastes so good someone might want to get a little closer to test it out.
- It is designed and distributed out of the east coast surfing capital of Cocoa Beach, FL.
- Using Sun Bum lip balm will make you want to eat your own banana flavored lips.
5 of the many products Sun Bun produces.
Considering their humble beginnings, the company executives work out of a small white house with blue trim, next door to the Quiet Flight Surf Shop in Cocoa Beach right near their customers’ proving ground. With a great product and punchy advertising, Sun Bum is quickly becoming a household name in Florida as well as its newer California and Hawaii markets.
I took a break to slather some Sun Bum Cool Down on my neck while I was writing this review for some post sun relief , so it’s safe to say that I’m a believer. We suggest you grab any one of their products today and give it a try!